Looking to build a Shipping Container Home in South Carolina? This complete guide will tell you everything you need to know about the process. We’ll also touch on how to find the perfect builder for you as well as how to find the right insurance for your build.
Building a Shipping Container Home in South Carolina
When building a shipping container home in South Carolina you’ll find that it is a great way to get all the benefits of a traditional home without the high price tag.
Shipping container homes are also environmentally friendly, durable, and can be built to your exact specifications. So if you’re looking for an alternative to a traditional home, South Carolina is a great place to start your new adventure of building a barndominium for your family.
The first step in building a Shipping Container Home in South Carolina is to find the perfect location. Shipping container homes can be built on any type of property, but you’ll need to make sure that the land is zoned for residential use. You’ll also need to have enough space for the home, as well as any accessory structures you plan on adding.
Cost of Building a Shipping Container Home
The cost of building a Shipping Container Home in South Carolina will vary depending on several factors, including the size of the home, the location, and the type of finishes you choose. However, you can expect to pay between $150 and $250 per square foot for a basic Shipping Container Home. If you want to add any additional features or finishes, the cost will increase accordingly.
How to Obtain Home Insurance in South Carolina
Once your Shipping Container Home is complete, you’ll need to find the right insurance policy to protect your investment.
Shipping container homes are considered personal property, so you’ll need to purchase a standard homeowners policy. In some cases, you may also need to purchase additional coverage for things like wind damage or floods. Talk to your insurance agent to find out what type of policy is right for you.
Shipping Container Builders in South Carolina
Shipping container homes are a relatively new concept to some builders but there are a few builders in the state who specialize in this type of construction. Some of the top Shipping Container Homebuilders in South Carolina include:
- Jenshau LLC: With many years of experience exceptional shipping container modifications. If you have a specific plan or design in mind, we’re happy to sit down with you and discuss what you’re looking for. We’ll customize your project to adequately fit your individual needs.
- Carolina Mobile Storage: Not only does Carolina Mobile storage offer shipping containers for sale they also help you with modifications that you have in mind when it comes to building your shipping container home.
- Piedmont Green Builds: specializes in creating container homes that are customized to meet your unique needs, all while providing you with a stylish, affordable home.
- JEM: Offer affordable and dependable shipping container home construction services. Visit their website and fill out their form to get more information today.
When you’re ready to start the process of building your Shipping Container Home in South Carolina, be sure to choose a builder who has experience with this type of project.
It’s important to find a builder who knows what they’re doing. If you have any questions about Shipping Container Homes in South Carolina, feel free to contact the ones listed in this article.
Container Homes for Sale in South Carolina
Shipping Containers for Sale helps buyers learn what shipping container is right for them and help them. With over 60 depots and thousands of containers on hand, they offer great prices for shipping containers. They have direct checkout available online and a digital cart to help you find just what you are looking for!
Western Container Sales and Rental
Western Container Sales is a division of Railbox Consulting and is employee-owned and operated. They are one of the largest buyers of used shipping containers throughout the United States. They offer containers to their customers at wholesome mark-up pricing and make the process of buying easy.
Container One has been in business for 28 years providing shipping containers to both residential and commercial customers. Container One prides itself on its low prices, a 5-year structural guarantee, and a variety of sizes and shipping container qualities.
Transocean is US owned and operated with several connections throughout the world to make it convenient and easy to buy the shipping container that you are searching for. They maintain inventory in several locations to allow them to service North and South Carolina, Virginia, and Georgia. They can help deliver the shipping container that you purchase to your site.
Conex Depot provides friendly service to their customers to help them find the shipping containers they are looking for at the best price. Because of their long-established business relationships, they are able to find inventory throughout the entire world.
Designing a Floor Plan for a Shipping Container Home
When you’re ready to start the process of designing your shipping container home in South Carolina, you’ll need to decide on a floor plan. Shipping container homes can be designed to meet any need, whether you’re looking for a small home or a large home. Some things to keep in mind when designing your shipping container home include:
- The size of the home: Shipping container homes can range in size from small one-bedroom homes to large five-bedroom homes. Be sure to pick a size that’s right for you.
- The layout of the home: Shipping container homes can be designed with any type of layout. You’ll need to decide how many bedrooms and bathrooms you want, and whether or not you want an open floor plan or something else.
- The type of finishes: Shipping container homes can be finished to look like any type of home. You can choose from a variety of different materials, including wood, metal, and more.
When you’re ready to start designing your shipping container home, be sure to work with a builder who has experience with this type of project. Shipping container homes in South Carolina may have different building codes and regulations than any other type of home, so it’s important to find a builder who knows what they’re doing and the protocols.
Hopefully, by the information in this guide, you now have a better idea of what all it takes to build your own container home in South Carolina.
If you would like more guides like this one, be sure to check out the rest of ContainerHomeHub.com. There, you will find information on these amazing homes as well as some featured container homes. These can help you get inspired and start thinking about your custom dream house.